- Wash your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning and/or touching your piercing.
- Fill a glass/bowl with warm saline solution. Soak the piercing directly in the saline solution. Rince piercing with water after soaking as salt residues can cause irritation.
- Use a mild, unsented soap like Spectrogel to clean your piercing in the shower. Remove the crusts off the jewelry using a Q-tip and water
Friction | Playing with the jewelry. The use of alcohol: hydrogen peroxide and ointments (polysporin); Lakes, pools, Jacuzzi, All the beauty and personal care product on or around the piercing.
- For the exterior of mouth, use the same advices as for the body aftercare.
- Use an alcohol free mouthwash, after each meals, for 3 weeks.
- Mouthwash for at least 30 seconds.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to shorten the jewel after 3 weeks.
Playing with the jewelry | Excessive talking | Gargle with alcohol | Oral Sex | beer, wine, mild, anything containing yeast and microorganisms.
Repeat these steps 2x/day for the first 3 weeks. Then, 1x/day until there's no redness/crust/sensitivity. Take advils or ibuprofene as recommended.